The Opportunities Overseas Expo UK and Ireland November 2012 roadshow is on the road – we’ve motored through London and Dublin and now we’re heading to Aberdeen and Manchester.
So it seems like the perfect time for a light-hearted look at the cities we’ll be alighting in with some little-known facts.
- In the late 19th century, Aberdeen was the British centre for envelope production – which probably explains why the self-seal envelope was developed in Aberdeen.
- There are over 30 places named Aberdeen throughout the world.
- Water polo began around 1863 on the River Dee in Aberdeen.
- Is the city where Rolls met Royce – and a beautiful car was born.
- The first modern computer was built in Manchester.
- The atom was first split in Manchester.
Over to you
Feel free to share any facts about Aberdeen or Manchester – impress us with your insider knowledge!