After a quick break from blogging, it’s really good to be back. We’re sure our blog will be just as informative, inspirational, and educational as it ever was!
To kick things off again, today we’re sharing our Top 5 Reasons to Move to New Zealand. As the Working In office is in Auckland, New Zealand, it’s a location that we know pretty well. It’s not a fluffy, feel-good Top 5 list (we’ll do one of those next week though!) – it’s a solid, sensible set of reasons to move here, that may influence you if you are seriously considering moving country.
- The New Zealand economy is strong post-recession, with solid domestic consumption demand coupled with low inflation, and a low unemployment rate of 5.7%.
- NZ has 10% more land mass than the UK – but the population hasn’t even hit 4.5 million yet. That’s a lot more space for you, and your children, to make the most of.
- In 2014, New Zealand was ranked by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as the #1 place in the world to raise children.
- NZ has one of the lowest personal tax rates in the world, with 70% of its residents on a 19.5% tax rate. Also, the GST is 15%, compared to 20% VAT in the UK, and 23% in Ireland.
- Kiwis are renowned for being laid back, chilled out people – which reflects the relaxed lifestyle people in New Zealand enjoy!
Just five reasons why we love living here! We do hope to see you over here at some point soon.
All the Best,
Working In Team
Sources: Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (New Zealand), Lonely Planet, Emigration Group (UK)