The Queen has had a bit of a big year – she celebrated 60 years on the throne and even skydived into the Olympics opening ceremony with James Bond. She’s also the Queen of all the three countries we work with – Australia, Canada and New Zealand. So it’s the perfect time to look at some of the craziest, hard-to-believe and downright silly laws.
1. It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.
2. You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.
3. Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.
4. Every 5th song on the radio must be by a Canadian born citizen.
5. It is illegal to eat ice-cream on Ottawa’s Bank Street on a Sunday.
6. In Wawa, you may not paint a ladder as it will be slippery when wet.
In New Zealand…
7. If you find uranium, you must report it – in writing – to the Government within three months.
8. It’s illegal to fly with a rooster in a hot air balloon.
9. Every high school may hold one pound of uranium and one pound of thorium, for conducting nuclear experiments (however, there is a fine of $1 million for letting off nuclear explosions).
And the final one from the motherland, in the UK…
10. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
In your opinion…
What’s the silliest law in your homeland?